These silk pillows are filled with silk floss in a sand-washed Habotai silk cover. This gives them several advantages as your choice of pillow:
- They are reasonably firm and give a good support to the head and neck. The ‘loft’ (Thickness) is 4” which will compress to about 2½” in use.
- The thermal properties (breathability) of the silk pillows ensure that they feel neither hotter nor colder than the sleeper.
- Silk pillows are hypoallergenic, i.e. anti-allergenic. That is especially important to those asthma sufferers that react to house mite. House/Dust mites cannot live in silk, and what could be closer to your face than a pillow and its case?
- Complimented with other Silk Bedding products such as silk pillowcases, these silk pillows will ensure maximum comfort.
- The Chinese have maintained for centuries that silk relieves aches and pains and itchy skin, hence their love for all things silk (including Silk Duvets).
- Silk is a natural product. It is organically produced and environmentally sustainable.
- It is best just to hang the pillow outside for a bit about twice a year to air and refresh it. If it must be cleaned, dry-cleaning is the only way. Accidents such as coffee spills can be spot washed, but no machine-washing please.